Saturday 10 March 2012

'Sewing Pictorial Quilt' 2

It's time for the second part of the post about me pictorial quilt. First of all (for those who would like to get some inspirations on art quilts) I wanted to share some links:

Druga czesc o moim quilcie. Niewiele napisalam, bo w sumie nie wiem, o czym pisac jeszcze powinnam... Jesli ktos z was mialby jakies konkretne pytania to z checia odpowiem/pomoge :) Ponizej podaje kilka linkow od stron/galerii o patchworku artystycznym. Na kilku z nich mozna zobaczyc szczegolowe zdjecia prac albo postepy w pracy nad quiltem - krok po kroku. Dla mnie takie wizualne wskazowki byly bardzo przydatne:

* Landscape Quilts
* a huge gallery with art quilts
* Blue Moon River blog
* about thread painting
* real eye candy

And that's the book which I found really helpfull (especially the video on blocking the quilt):

I polecam szczerze te ksiazke. Bardzo pomocna, konkretna, duzo informacji o tym, jak powinien byc przygotowany quilt na wystawe. Do ksiazki jest doloczona plyta DVD z najwazniejszymi instrukcjami krok po kroku.

source: amazon.de

The big challange while sewing this quilt was embroidery (or better to say thread painting) which I did. I used rayon thread, darning foot, embroidery hoop and lots of tear away stabiliser:

Co do quiltu. Najbardziej sie balam rozpoczecia haftowania. Uzylam do tego stopki do pikowania, nici z polyskiem, duzej ilosci stabilizatora do haftu i tamborka, zeby naciagnac material. Jak widac w kilku miejscach jednak sie zmarszczyl, ale to byly moje pierwsze proby takiego haftu... no i po pikowaniu zmarszczen i tak nie bylo widac ;)



Xanthos was helping me as much as he could:

Moj Misiu pomagal jak mogl:


The most problems I had while quilting. Fitting kind of stiff quilt (layers of applique + batting) under my tiny machine was very difficult. I dream about having a sewing machine with more space under the arm. The flowers and leaves in Geisha's hair are cut whole from a fabric:


Najgorszym etapem bylo pikowanie. Bardzo lubie pikowac, ale jak trzeba upchnac wielki i sztywny quilt pod malenkie ramie maszyny, to i czynnosc ktora sie lubi moze stac sie koszmarem. Marzy mi sie maszyna z wieksza iloscia miejsca pod ramieniem...


Quilting of the upper part of the background (and Geisha) was free hand with improvised pattern (I was choosing the quilting pattern basing on the space which I had left, I didn't draw any pattern before quilting):

Pikowanie gornej czesci tla i samej Gejszy bylo improwizowane. Patrzylam, ile mam wolnego miejsca i wymyslalam wzor:





The feathers I draw free hand on the fabric before quilting:

Przy pikowaniu pior najpierw narysowalam wzor (odrecznie, zeby wypelnil dokladnie cala przestrzen):



9 comments:

  1. I need to come with a new word,,,.,but all I can think is Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this quilt is staggeringly beautiful thank you for sharing the closeup's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is more than beautiful!! I cannot think of an adjective to describe it so I'll have to say it's mind-numbing and jaw-dropping gorgeous!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niesamowite po prostu. Bardzo się cieszę, że pokazujesz te wszystkie szczegóły. Całość mi się już wcześniej bardzo podobała, ale widząc te detale mogę jeszcze bardziej docenić Twój talent i ogrom pracy jaki włożyłaś w ten quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely astounding! I am embarrassed to own a bigger, fancy machine and cannot produce anything nearly as exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jestem pod wielkim wrażeniem - niesamowita praca :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Szczególiki gejszy są tak dopracowane, tak dopieszczone!!!! Podziwiam szczerze! Przepiękne arcydzieło!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly beautiful quilt! I found your blog by way of Susan Brubaker Knapp blog.
    LauraT
    Seattle WA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am 2 years late coming to this blog of yours! Only just started embroidery & quilting! May I say you are fantastic? So artistic and so kind to share with complete strangers. If you ddon't have one already I am starting your UK followers group :) !

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...